Monday, March 19, 2012

Nail noob makes nail noob mistake

I lied. My first real, successful, actually-pretty-and-even-elegant nail design post is not this post, but will be the next post. Why? Because NAIL PROBLEMS.

I'd noticed a bit of flaking off the top of a couple of nails recently, but didn't think anything of it beyond buffing the flakes off.

Then, to my consternation, the flaking got worse. Off to google I went, and lo and behold: Acetone can damage nails! I'd thought it could only damage skin, but that's because I'm a nail noob. Google further provided me with information on how to fix this problem, so cuticle cream and olive oil soaks are the order of the day.

I do have on a very pretty purple polish by China Glaze at the moment, and I'm thinking I'll wear that for a few days, remove it with non-acetone, then go natural for a while.

On the bright side, this Grape Juice color is very pretty!


This is what happens when I use my real camera instead of my cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment