Saturday, August 18, 2012

Shades of Grey

Uh. I may have made an error today. AN AMAZING GREYSCALE ERROR.

Last week I ordered a handful of colors from Zoya.  Today while waiting for my car to get its oil changed (bleh @ being a grown-up), I bought a set of Ulta polishes.  I got home, Zoya polishes were in my mailbox, I unloaded everything, and realized...

I'VE GONE COLORBLIND


I think I have overdosed on the grey polishes.  On the awesome side, I overdosed on grey polishes!  And now I have TONS of options for neutral gradients and similar.  Whee!

And of course, I had to try one of these on immediately, and I chose Ulta's Rock-a-Billy, which is a medium grey with a tinge of purple (the polish off-center to the right, front row, in the pic above).

Google says this is the only actual picture of Ulta Rock-a-Billy out there right now. Go figure. Also, Ulta Rock-a-Billy.

It strikes me as very elegant, more 'winter' than 'fall', but I've never been picky about seasons.  I was surprised when I applied it; I only needed one coat to be fully opaque, and it dried very quickly.  Ulta has found themselves a new polish fan if the trend continues with the other polishes in the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment